Thursday, August 11, 2011

BB

Oh...I don't know why I let it get to me, but...I wish Ms.Back To Black could've gotten old and has-been with papery skin and a cheesy tell-all bio but still hanging on, aging, and not in the "27 Club." There's been a time or two when she has made me feel so deliciously cynical. She's always looked like she's from NY to me. Maybe even not from the city. Maybe Pennsyltucky. There's icky stuff in the background. Bad weather macho bullshit. She goes to school and vegan guy at her college co-op beats hospitalization into someone after getting drunk at a dive bar, thinks a girl deserves whats she gets, or doesn't care enough to get beyond that mindset. The girls strive hard to look pretty as if its a safety net insulating them from something worse than what they're already living. Older people have been stuck in the same town their whole lives, reliving the same crappy winters, kids are beating up other kids just to do it, manipulative conversations in all night diners where cranky waitstaff spend their tips on unhealthy substances. I seem think of that kind of stuff when I see that video/song. But, she has not grown old, and she wasn't from the upper East Coast, so I kinda just wonder if she'll come back as a singer or musician, in any part of the world again, and if so, what kind?

No comments: