Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reading and listening

I'm reading this book and it's funny because it addresses the topic of why do high schools almost always assign depressing books (like Lord of the Flies.) I have spoken with a friend or two on this topic. We remembered one class where the teacher tried to mix it up a little by having us analyze "Cold Blue Steel and Sweet Fire." I have been thinking of it because some job applications ask if you got good grades in high school. In my case, the answer is, not really. But I went to college and grad school anyway.
I am beginning to avoid this book's characters and their poisonous marriage. I am making myself read it, but really only skimming. Sigh. Sorry, book. Might be better to read it later.
Again, The Garden (i.e. Berimbau remixed.)
Sometimes I listen to songs repetitively, it is true.

No comments: