Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's curious

Sometimes when I read things, I am like, that is curious. Like I just read something in an old Seattle publication that used to benefit me greatly (by providing me and a friend with free movie tickets!) Honestly, literary sorts, greatness, what have you, why must it trickle down to that sort of competitive-sounding pettiness? Maybe because it is in the hands of those who need to grow up, or perhaps, I should say, revert, back to the wiser, more childlike ones that they once were/still are.

But who knows, it's all just an interpretation of a writer.

Yesterday I ate a grapefruit, which I'd found on the sidewalk by the bank (because it's food and I felt financially challenged and I also love grapefruit) while watching the President's speech and then, for the first time, the famous Mr. Jindal! I wonder what my conservative southern relatives thought about him. I felt all hyped up and really wanted to go out and buy a sugary beverage. Maybe the Fat Tuesday and DC vibes were getting to me. I felt like I should have been working on a project, too. I eventually settled down. I woke up on top of an open book, though.

Mood is a very curious thing. Earlier today, life felt like it kind of sucked. But after I had my "last" (well almost) class tonight, I got this glorious feeling. FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE. I'd almost forgotten how that feeling rocks. When happens, it happens, and it is supreme!

No comments: