Friday, February 27, 2009

It is time...

Had a moment today in which I found myself existing in a very shaky yet detached emotional state, walking across a campus to a parking lot, and as a gust of wind hit me, it was blowing a tear across my cheek. I was so surprised that a part of me bothered with a wry observation, which was that maybe I was embodying an emotional state similar to the old picture of the "fake Indian guy" who has a tear trickling down his face. Which sadly, in our ultra-cynical society, people fun of, as if that kind of emotion is just hokey or cannot exist. Oh it can exist. But some people might not know it, or could have forgotten what they knew. I can't pretend I'm really in that moment now, because I feel much better. Who knows, I might even laugh about that picture sometime. But I can still be grateful that the moment happened, that expression exists. I can appreciate imperfection.

No comments: