Tuesday, June 17, 2008

After this I'll read the Wireless Adapter manual and contemplete becoming a technical writer

If I habitually read/write and this post is a room, and it has this one certain quote from a book about Thoreau and Emerson, which I just can't find because I still haven't unpacked all my boxes from moving yet...
then there is just so much cool in this room.
If I hear snippets of conversation that go sort of like this...
support vegans and eaters of squid and guinea pigs
be compassionate and understanding of alcoholism, self mutiliation, PTSD, thieves, spies, computer hackers, people who have what it takes to complete their oeuvre and support liking what you like
and 12-step-programs for those who may wedge nails into tires (and then feel sorry they did it afterwards--empathy empathy empathy!)
"Finally I said, Mami, and they both looked back, already knowing what was happening."
"the hamster knows it was good because it cannot easily remember / whose idea it was"
there is just so much cool in this room
"As Shibbudada settled down in our drawing room, I would look nervously through a window and see what I knew I would see, Taiji advancing alond Number 7's red gravel driveway. My stomach would knot up in a state of highest anxiety. I could barely get the tea down my throat." Page 123 Climbing the Mango Trees
there is so much cool in this room
"He gaped at himself a moment, through her eyes and through the eyes of each family he'd plodded past. What a crushing feeling it was." Page 36 Heaven Lake
there is so much cool in this room

No comments: