Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Stories, etc.

I'm going to be off and exploring more of the city of Chicago soon as a result of attending the IRA conference next week...that will be fun...

I have been thinking that maybe I will be writing some stories in this thing. I feel a bit inspired, recently. I have begun to contemplate: suppose you had a friend once, who did not have a remarkable face. (It was a just reasonably attractive face. But the person had, nonetheless, a remarkable soul. To you.) How could you recognize the face after a decade had passed? It would be so much easier, if the face had had something remarkable about it. A hooked nose, perhaps. But alas, there had been nothing of this in the old friend's face. But the soul had seemed remarkable. And because of this strange window of time in which you and the other person had met, there would be, less than any judgement, mostly a feeling of interest on your part, with regard to whatever had occured to this person on their path of life. It would be difficult to recognize the face but enjoyable to see it again after ten plus years. If it were ever possible.

Another children's book I have read recently: The Second Mrs. Giaconda by E. L. Konisburg. Its all about Leonardo da Vinci and Beatrice and Il Moro (Ludovico Sforza) as told through the eyes of a young assistant to Leonardo. I can't help but like the way Beatrice is portrayed, in that book. Its part of a Barnes and Noble endcap about Leonardo Da Vinci. Borders, for all their Da Vinci Code paraphenalia, posters and such, has no copies of it...

Also, maybe one of these days I will post some pictures in here. But I don't know if I can post any right now, because I still use the internet in the library and not at my apartment!

Now I feel like I should post some words of wisdom or a special quote, but none comes to me...so, perhaps another time...

No comments: