Monday, April 03, 2006

On a radio show, a man said, if you don't sit around the table with your family and thank God for them, then your children will grow up to seek "amor en la calle!" Amor en la calle. Isn't it what writers have celebrated for centuries? Oh, I grew weary listening to him. "Hay caminos, hay piedras en los caminos" he was saying, to the woman, who barely spoke. "La vida no es facil." His voice was powerful, strong, and chastising. Oh he is just playing God! I was frustrated. I switched it off. I had to remove a heaviness from myself. I said "Ah..." It came out sounding like "Abba."
I also thought today, I could imagine a man mournfully paddling away his existence in the face of denied paternity. I don't know if I like how that sounds though. I mean the latter part. I mean, its not the same as the whole, I'm just a human being on a lake. When you throw words like "denied paternity" into it. Then it becomes all one thing. To the mind...

No comments: