Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Book

I just got an e-mail from an old friend in Virginia who says she has 4 different boyfriends right now. FOUR. Good lord.

Right now, I'm looking for a book I read when I was younger. I'd really like to find it. It was about an Irish girl named Mary (it was something like Mairie but it gets changed after she immigrates to Canada) who is haunted by the ghost of her deceased cousin, Duncan. She lives by a lake in a cabin. In Canada. She's about 16 in the story, I think. I was very in love with this book when I was about 12. Now I can't even remember the name of it. Or the author. I went on Amazon.com and was trying to find it. I didn't. I did find some old books by Mary Stoltz that I liked when I was about 12. Cat in the Mirror. Pangur Ban. There are no photos of the books' covers. Thats rather sad.

I and Pangur Ban my cat,
'Tis a like task we are at:
Hunting mice is his delight,
Hunting words I sit all night.

(Anonymous guy in medieval Ireland)

Okay. So, I am 12, I live in that house on the bluff on the South of End of Vashon, I am vegetarian, the wind howls by my room, which is next to a massive bunch of scotch broom, which gets all bent over (by the wind), I have the same cat that I have now, and in the morning, after I cook my oatmeal on the woodstove (instant oatmeal and water that is) I walk exactly a mile to the bus, but I miss it (oops) and stay home, and hang out in the woods, or read my book...WHAT IS THE NAME OF IT???

No comments: