Monday, February 21, 2005

Woke up really early--like 4 or 5 a.m.--because of a terrifying ungodly noise that seemed to be coming into my apartment through the direction of the burglar bar windows. Lay in bed with stomach cramping from fear. Eventually managed to gear up the courage to peek out the window...saw nothing but the outline of the neighbors' burglar bar windows reflected on the snow...later when it became more light outside I went into the kitchen to eat some yogurt and the ungodly noise came back and I peeked out that window and saw a tiny bit of light sweeping the snow but still no indication of what the noise was. However, I think it might have just been a snow plow paving a parking lot or something.

Future entries may be dedicated to more pleasant and safe seeming topics, such as strawberries and Chinese restaurants. Don't ask me why those come to mind...probably at some point in life when I was feeling carefree I was cultivating an appreciation of those two things. Although, when I was a little kid a local Chinese restaurant burned down in a fire and I was in a state of disbelief about it because I liked it so much. They used to give me a little paper umbrella anytime I went in and make me twirl it over my head. "Umbella" they said. I told my parents that I had learned how to say umbrella in Chinese.

No comments: