Saturday, October 05, 2024

Flushing Awesome! That's one to remember.

"Yesterday, our 'flushing brigade' came together and we went out and did like 2000 toilets. Today we went to nine different sites, I don’t even know how many toilets were flushed. But we also discovered that other people were doing toilet flushing and dropping off greywater, including the a group organized by Rebekkah Todd, whose post about being horrified when entering a highly unsanitary 500-unit home for developmentally disabled people went viral. I reached out to her last night after reading her post on my cousin’s feed, she got back to me immediately. We started coordinating this morning. When our crew went out this morning, there was a great need for plungers. Because of the extra donations that you all sent me, I just pulled 200 bucks out of my pocket and gave this guy the money. He went to Home Depot and bought plungers and met our crew out at the public housing unit. Tonight there’s going to be a 'flushing summit' so all these groups can come together and we’re not duplicating effort. #flushingawesome'" 

~ ynohtnA

No comments: