Tuesday, July 09, 2024

I can't wait for more rich people to start feeding farm workers.

"'Workers are every day making this calculus in their heads. You know, do I speak up? Do I stay safe or do I or do I risk losing my job? Or should I just keep my head down, keep working, even if I feel sick, even if I feel dizzy, even if I'm starting to get those early warning signs of real heat stress,' said Antonio DeLoera with the United Farm Workers Union, who got involved and participated as a liaison after being notified of the incident."

~ Maricela De La Cruz

"6 farmworkers fired amid hot temps, multiple California state agencies now investigating retaliation. It's better to lose a day of work or out of work than losing your life.'"

https://www.kcra.com/article/california-farmworkers-fired-during-heat-state-agencies-investigate/61536000

No comments: