Saturday, June 29, 2024

🎞I think her dad is mistaken.🌎

I think he's gonna be here, on Earth. 🏞️🍉🊆💕ðŸŒģðŸŽķ

"I recently remembered a conversation years ago my dad and I had about climate change. I don’t remember what he said exactly, but the gist of it was 'I’m not going to be here, so I don’t care.' He said it laughing as though it was silly to think otherwise, and I probably just walked away or something.

I don’t think I realized at the time how significant the conversation was, but after remembering it, I can only think that it had a huge impact on my decision to not have kids. Why bring someone into the world if you’re not going to leave it better for them? It’s so weird to me that people think this way.

Now, when a boomer asks when I’m having kids or why I’m not (I’m 35, so hopefully this ends soon), my response is probably going to include this little anecdote. Thanks dad!"

from u/katrinkabuttlin

https://www.reddit.com/r/BoomersBeingFools/s/2mDWvgbR4k

No comments: