Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Alternate reality

Well, sometimes I think that I would have asked her if she could recommend something to me from what she wrote, and also something from what others wrote, and then maybe we would have gone on to talk of more things.

Who knows, we might have looked at something like this:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/rabbit-holes/the-classics-scholar-redefining-what-twitter-can-do

Rabbit.

Holes.

Maybe I am not very mad about things now, but I am still a bit weird about them.

It is not now, but once I was in the store, low-key freaking out, mumbling to myself in the frozen foods section about people only undergoing transformations and still being able to come back and needing to say that it's possible, and a presence seemed to say "thank you"  but I for some reason felt not very gracious and came home in such a mood, less like "you're welcome" and more like "you are such a pain in the ass."

But that's not the way it is now.

And when it was the holidays, I walked home from the store holding a bottle of cocktail sauce and was so mad, just wanting to smash it everywhere, but no, that would be foolish, then you'd feel guilty and need to come back and pick up the shards, little kids live here.

Things are different now.

Atoms must have replaced themselves.

No comments: