Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Girls on the street

Something very interesting happened as I walked home tonight. I saw two young women wearing knitted hats and colorful coats. It felt like they almost seemed to recognize me... One called out "Hi!" to me even though she was 10-15 feet away. It was almost like we knew each other. But we didn't. As we passed we exchanged greetings and the friendliest one (they both were, but she was the one who said "Hi," first) said, "Have a great evening!"  I said "You too!" After that I was like, arrrgh, why do I feel like I know you? I didn't say so though. Probably I will never see them again. But it was a lovely moment. And then I realized I was really attracted to their knitted hats. None of us were wearing pink hats. I wasn't even wearing a hat. But I bet they've been knitting.

~~~~~

Elsewhere...less peaceful...ugh...

No comments: