Sunday, February 14, 2016

Landscape



Orlando ~ Final Sequence

Even though I'm really, really used to seeing palm trees and cactus and stuff by now, a child inside of me will probably always find those types of plants a bit exotic compared to what I grew up with...today it was nice to take my first short hike since I had my illness and just stop and rest in the sun and stare at those particular plants...I felt grateful and healthy...the last song of that amazing movie I first watched as teenager (as a retired lieutenant colonel either waited for me to leave my movie, or finished up watching the movie he'd chosen, Como Agua...) was running through my head...it was strange to remember what I could about that scene...and other things like, us going up to Pennsylvania in the winter, with snow and coats, where I believe we saw Andrew Wyeth paintings...maybe the Helga pictures...I remember a tall, attractive couple in a museum...they gave off the air of being artists...I was a teenager and wanted to be older and taller and "free" like they were...it was was strange to have it all go through my mind as I was observing the prickly pear plants...And I bought myself the movie!

No comments: