Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sherasherashera

What on earth is this a picture of?

From http://piecesofmargo.blogspot.com/2013/11/third-time-pays-for-all.html

And this?  http://severinefeist.blogspot.com/2013/07/sometimes-you-just-gotta-get-with-your.html

Like most good girl children of the early 80s, I was a big fan of Shera as an 8-year-old. (And now I'm wondering where the name originated after noticing these Hindi (?) songs: Shera, shera somali, ye dilwaalon ki basti hai Shera 1999...) I missed out on watching Blues Clues as a kid because I was a decade off, but after skimming through The Tipping Point while entertaining a cat named Coraline this weekend, I wonder if I should check it out? Also because of my weird little dog dreamish experience around Halloween.  And because, as Mr. Dylan relayed, I think I have dreamed of St. Augustine! Perhaps not always with my eyes closed.

1 comment:

Miss Margo said...

Hi!

The painting is called "Truth Coming Out of Her Well to Punish Mankind." The woman represents Truth, and she is holding a whip to punish mankind (or, in my situation, my crazy internet stalker). The painting makes reference to the Greek philosopher Democritus, who wrote that truth lived in a well (or "the deep") and the water over it cast up reflections.