Monday, August 12, 2013

vacationing (?)

from goodbyecrutches.com
At a used bookstore, the only thing that looked even remotely interesting was a book about Benjamin Franklin and all his lady friends in Paris, and I thought about buying it, but then went...no...I don't really think I can...(a few other really weird highlights: elderly relative in convalescent home asking why she was selected to be on an adoption committee for a baby, religious conservative Christian relatives (and some not so conservative ones) talking about either how well-behaved the children at a Muslim school were, or how some of their best students were Muslim kids, waitress in tiny Michigan town who was just in LA on the set of "How I Met Your Mother," teensy newborn kid in the airplane looking at me over mother's shoulder through the crack in the seats)...I got Grace (Eventually) from another relative and read that on the plane instead.
from Grace (Eventually)

Alsoalsoalso: lots of icecream with interesting names!
(Blue Moon, Blue Moo, Superman, Tractor Tracks)

Also: time to see mountains soon.

No comments: