Thursday, June 06, 2013

Quenchiness

WHEREAS over the weekend, the bad experience of food poisoning hit, and I said, why oh why did I have to watch a documentary as depressing as Outlawed In Pakistan right before eating whatever it was that gave me bad dreams and made me feel like dying? Although, I could have just as easily asked, why was I looking up all those plants named "vomitoria" (holly bushes)... WHEREAS I remembered a recent non-food poisoning experience, which involved going to a frozen yogurt place and watching a bespectacled brown-haired skinny pale girl approach the salesgirl to ask where the blueberry flavor had gone, and then talk about how they were out of blueberry to a slenderish brown guy with all his hair covered up in his hat and then this girl tried another flavor of yogurt (plain) and reacted violently by flinging the white contents of her sample cup onto the grill beneath the frozen yogurt machine and the guy with the hat just looked at her and she looked back and seemed embarrassed, and then she walked to the machine, put out her hand, scooped up the glop of yogurt, and threw it in the trash, and the guy with the hat laughed and got napkins, and while she cleaned her hand he cleaned the grill on the machine, then they left... meanwhile some little girls who seemed to be sisters visiting the place with their dad were saying "Acai is great!" (Acai was the flavor that had replaced Blueberry) The father had a slight accent and I wondered if he was from India, and then, when I went to pay for my yogurt, the salesgirl asked if the girls were my daughters? And I said no, and thought, why did she think that? Wouldn't he have paid for all of us? Then I went home and watched Good Hair. Later, I wondered if skin color (daughters more fair-skinned than the dad) had something to do with it. WHEREAS recovery from the food poisioning eventually transpired (praise Jesus, and it was not the yogurt, which was good, and also did not cause any cramps or indigestion imitating false labor or anything), yet enervation abided, until someone gave me a package of peanuts ("you need salt!") and only then did my insatiable thirst begin to dissipate (mind blown ~ salty food making thirst go away seemed completely counterintuitive, but when you think about what's in a gatorade, I guess it makes sense) pour cette raison, je souhaite écrire une nouvelle au sujet de sel...

What does it mean to be a pillar of salt?

No comments: