Monday, June 17, 2013

one time, the twitchy computer

got weird and seemed to select music videos for me that I hadn't clicked on: "angry johnny" & "doll parts"... I didn't feel like listening to much of the second song, so I went to other one. I didn't remember it at all and I hadn't heard of POE, so I looked her up and found a picture where she's wearing an army helmet.

Ugh, this:

"'Myself as an artist was purchased as if a slave by a Texas oilman,' she tells Spinner, adding her first contract was bought out by this businessman. 'I have not gone a day without doing music. I've just done it anonymously. It's not like I haven't been playing -- I've played parties and this and that -- but anything that was way under the radar. I lived like an illegal immigrant for 10 years. I couldn't make any money, couldn't do anything.'"

--http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/28/poe-returns-after-10-years-of-legal-battles/

No comments: