Sunday, September 02, 2012

music night, crazy day

Attended a show at El Rey because bf won tickets. Funny clothing thing...he was wearing an old gray t-shirt, and some guy in the crowd points at him and says, "JFA!" Then a girl in a floral cocktail dress walked by and murmured, "Jodi Foster's Army." So because of "that old t-shirt,"  I found out that he knows the singer of a local band and they worked together, and he helped him copy-edit an album. I am intrigued by the stories list on their site and will have to read them later.

The opening act was a band with two female lead singers. They seemed pretty good. I didn't exactly recognize them, but then I heard some lyrics (I just wanna, I just wanna, be your brother...) that I remembered hearing on the radio:

Be Your Bro

(I kind of was thinking about the time I gave a kid a bloody nose on a playground when I was like eight because he tried to kiss me...shameful, shameful memory...sort of.)

Then the lead act came on.


I didn't know much about them. But they sang lots of songs about Texas teardrops and stuff, which seemed appropriate. Their music kind of made me want to "go West..."

(Or East, actually. To a tourist ghost town.)
Today was a crazy day. My sister and her husband are going to be separating, maybe temporarily (or maybe not), so this Texas rescue operation is going on again. (It's happened before, but under different circumstances.) This time, just my dad was going down. My sister went to meet him at the airport and got in a car wreck, but she was okay. Her little dachsund, who was in the car with her,was in the back seat before the wreck and at her feet afterwards. But he seemed okay and ate a hamburger, so hopefully he just crawled up there under the seat or something and nothing bad happened to him. However, the car was totalled. My father had to rent a car at the airport, find the place where the car had been towed, get all the stuff out of the car, and then start driving (hours later) with her in order to make it to the hotel where he'd made arrangements to stay for the night. They'll continue to drive across the country and then he'll fly back to the midwest so he can start teaching after Labor Day. She'll be on the East Coast (sans car, apparently) living at my mom's place. For the moment, it's good that everyone seems to be okay... La vida es misteriosa.

No comments: