Friday, August 06, 2010

Waking up...

Something about waking up today: I was half in a dream, and a little white ball came to the top of one of those round air-filled lotto machines.
I live in a place. It's got a lot of sunshine. I have a friend on the other coast who filmed yesterday's hurricane/monsoon storm in Virginia.
The video was compelling.
I didn't experience that one as it happened.
A drive thru was closed yesterday. There was a deputy in the parking lot talking to a woman and all the women inside did their best to ignore us and I wanted to just go on, but driver had to ask a question: "Did something bad happen?" Yes. What it was, who knows, but they were closing up early.
This place is so cute and charming but there is a lot of stuff going on. When I first walked the streets, so cute, "old town," I still felt a little suspicious. And I am not used to palm trees, and the weather.
Other things: Street fair every Friday. People walk their pets: not just dogs, but a boar and a macaw. A magician's act in the park: light a frying pan on fire and pull out a chinchilla. Kids love it.
I think there is a memorial service celebrating my FB friend that died, today, in Virginia.
That's a strange place and this one is, too.
~~~~~
Snow Cherries From France.
~~~~~
(Just remembering, once I read a negative (and I thought, really silly) review of the artist's American Doll Posse album, and it was kind of funny. The reviewer kind of scornfully called her something like a "favorite aunt." The reason that's funny is, sometimes, she actually does alternately remind me of two of my aunts. And this is not so funny but it comes to mind: one of them got stabbed by a stranger and the other one had a gun put to her head in a hold up. And I know those things happened. But, of course, they are not the first things that come to mind when I think of them!)

No comments: