Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ghost cat y musica...

Early this morning I woke up to the feeling of four little feet, on top of the comforter, padding softly over my legs, and then the being which owned these feet settled right at my side, as if laying down. I thought to myself, "I am convinced something is by my side right now, but if I put my hand out and don't feel anything, then I know that there's nothing." So I drew my hand out and patted the space and I felt nothing. Then I couldn't tell what I thought anymore. It was not even my sister's little dog, it was not anything. Was this an early morning delusion? Or could my cat of 19 years (deceased since July) have come to pay me a little visit? It didn't really bother me, I just went right back to sleep.

New Music
Today on the internet, I went to my friend's myspace page and with curiousity I clicked on one of her new "myspace friends" and listening to a techno beat and the lyrics where were you in 92 & discovered this is an artist known as M.I.A. and then watched her "Sun Showers" on video.aol.com where she "frolics in the jungle with animals and friends"!

Old Music
Also reading about M.I.A. lead me to reading about the Roxanne Wars and I found Roxanne's Revenge which for some reason, I never even heard of when I was a kid. Too bad! I remember Bust a Move as a kind of a constant Jr.High-era soundtrack...Also this not so remembered song Ponderous was always playing in gym class on the days when the P.E. teacher would let us listen to the radio. We'd all be doing sit ups or leg lifts and it seemed as if that stereo would always be playing...this is ponderous, man, really ponderous.

No comments: