Thursday, May 04, 2006

whale things

While staying in a hotel in Chicago for the IRA conference, we discovered that it has a large mural of whales by an artist named Wyland. Here's a picture of it on someone else's blog...

Link to Chicago Wyland Whale Mural

However, the commenters on that particular blog are quite negative about it...well, whatever. We liked it!

Also met Jerry Spinelli (author of Night of the Whale) briefly. My friend snapped our picture and I purchased two other children's books by him. Stargirl and Milkweed.

For a little while, at my job, I was actually compelled to read a passage about a whale over and over again. Also I used to know of a website that had pictures of the four legged ancestor to a whale, a very strange-looking beast, but I've forgotten where it is.

No comments: