Thursday, May 11, 2006

singing

And one day, when they were all sitting in art class, this girl started to sing.
She said to him, "what is the matter, don't you know any songs, Why don't you sing?"
He says, "No, I can't sing."
She says, "Why can't you sing?"
He says, "Oh I can't sing, because I'm Muslim."
She says, "You can't sing, because you are Muslim? Are you serious? Well, I just love singing and...I mean...what kind of a rule is that? I mean...well..." all of a sudden she realizes that maybe she's going to start sounding closed minded again--"I guess I just didn't know that Muslims can't sing!"
He is smiling slightly and he gets up and walks away somewhere to do something, and then she notices that the other people at the table are kind of smirking and almost starting to snicker.
Then she's like, "Hey, are you playing with me?"

No comments: