Thursday, August 24, 2023

Gosh, parents can be dehumanizing. Maybe it's not necessary to degrade others?

Will this one ever believe that?

"Eeeevery thing abt how u perceive politics and history changes once u have sons

Sometimes I worry that a lot of societies ills are cuz u don't rly understand the human experience unless u have kids - there's a thing that unifies everyone and were slowly but steadily abandoning it"

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1693848865730908206?t=RO09dFHISidvNKk8cUxbSw&s=09

She replied to this mother of teenage sons:

"Having teenage sons changes the way I think about the last 100 years of American foreign policy in such a profound, stark way that I can't name a single cause I'd be willing to sacrifice a single drop of their blood for, sorry.  I can't believe what our gov made other people's teenagers to do. It fills me with existential horror and keeps me awake at night."

https://twitter.com/KeenanPeachy/status/1693719028563677499?t=rHrN568ukdj-aBA8Sq6HMg&s=09

The mother of teenage sons then pivots into dehumanizing some other mother's son:

"Ken Burns is a horrible shitlib but his Vietnam documentary is a must-see."

https://twitter.com/KeenanPeachy/status/1693729314502840414?t=tseEZ43a50MTf1pxD2kh0Q&s=09

but whatever, I guess? 

Wait until they start having more empathy for what daughters in wars go through.

I suppose they could just be slow learners, reincarnations of the people who were prejudiced against other kinds of people in the last century.

No comments: