Sunday, February 20, 2022

Maybe they'll also find it in their hearts to support reproductive rights?

"I still have not met anyone who has swung as completely from one end of the spectrum to the other, who once marched on the Arkansas capitol to demonstrate against abortion rights and who now takes his Jewish children to masked protests against police brutality in downtown Los Angeles."

~ Jason Morphew

"My Cousin Allegedly Killed His Wife and Cast Her Vote for Trump"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/barry-morphew-is-my-cousin-and-allegedly-killed-his-wife-and-cast-her-vote-for-trump

"Suzanne’s expression was that of a child ordered by her father to perform a daunting task. She pulled up her ottoman and dutifully recounted the story of her struggle with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, of her doctor telling her that she could not have another child, and of the remission and 'miracle baby' that followed—all of it flowing from Suzanne’s unwavering faith in Christ.

Though Lauren and I were greatly moved by Suzanne’s story, its command-performance quality put us on guard. Because of my evangelical training, I knew what was coming next. Barry thanked Suzanne for telling her story, then looked at me and said, 'Jason, do you believe in God?'"

~ J. Morphew

No comments: