Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Woke up with some pain

Do you suppose I could ever be reminded "You are incentivized to make excuses for your brother's impetuous choices just like everyone else" and I could reply "That's true, but it just doesn't feel like the right thing to do, and what about the young college women with their bathroom stall writing?"


And that Marilyn French novel The Women's Room that my mom had lying around when I was growing up, and how I read some of it? Eh? What about that?

What about being haunted by the ghost of this guy, who died before he got to become a military psychologist? 

"He told a Kent State classmate he was 'scared' of the unrest. Two days later, he was dead.:

https://www.cincinnati.com/in-depth/news/2020/04/28/kent-state-shooting-victim-william-bill-schroeder-remebered-may-4-1970/5154121002/

Why do I have this song stuck in my head? 

Dido - "White Flag (Official Music Video)" - YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j-fWDrZSiZs&feature=youtu.be

And that one reminds me of going to a roller skating rink in upstate NY as a grad student in my 20s with a single mom who had two little girls who told me they lost their young teenage big sister because their father killed her. (He had a drug addiction, and she was with him when she died of an overdose).

What about who does society require to make responsible choices.

I apply my heating pad now.

No comments: