Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Considering the winter weather and feminine deities and such

Rain (not snow) is the winter weather here.

http://www.eyemagazine.com/feature/article/chasing-perfection

A childlike part of me always really enjoyed Christmas (favorite holiday!) Presents? Music? Lights? Yes, yes, yes! However, I also like to explore other deities that were not as much a part of my childhood. Lately, I think Mary is Christmasy & good for moms and kids, but Kwan Yin is sometimes better for those don't connect as well with Mary...it seems like she is for just about everybody. I don't want to shame anyone about not being able to be "a mother" in the traditional sense. Also, I think motherhood is not just about physically giving birth or even being a woman. Men can have many nurturing qualities and be very good with kids. This is the sort of thing that I find fascinating sometimes. And I've noticed that when I am fascinated and learning new things, I am not really in as much turmoil about not being able to "follow the script," and I can enjoy life more. When that happens, I can also do more good for other people because it will flow out easily. It will not feel like a burden, but it will feel more like joy and like what should happen naturally. Life on earth is not always meant to be painful. It can be good. 

No comments: