Tuesday, December 16, 2014

How to spend several hours

Today's the day to renew the health insurance so it doesn't expire.
I am told to call a number for forms.
I call a number. (#1) I answer the options. I get redirected and wait...
Someone who clearly hates her job tells me that she does not have the information I need. I despise her tone of voice. Perhaps she despises mine. I do try very hard to be nice.
She gives me another number. (#2) I wait...and wait...and wait...
I lose patience and hang up. Anyways, I have to reorganize to find any and all possible case #s (I have two different ones so far) pin numbers, etc. No sense in doing all that waiting only to be told I need to call back with additional information.
This is a good time to eat icecream...JUST KIDDING!
This is a good time to crack open a tupperware container of coffee.
Beautiful coffee grounds all over the kitchen floor.
This is a good time to dump the remaining grounds in a pot on the stove, strain it into coffee, and dump the remains on the tomato plant (the rains brought forth one little tomato. So green and trying to be born off a dying vine.)
It's a glorious, dreary day outside. I love this weather. It's like Seattle!
What in the heck is going on with that palm tree trunk growing out of the sidewalk across the street? How did I never notice it before.
Mmmm, feel the cold frosty 57 degree air.
Okay.
Drink some coffee.
Call a different number! (#3) This one has people that pick up right away and are always nice!
It takes very little time to talk to someone. He does not sound like he hates his job. Indeed, he is nice.
He gives me the strength to go on...
He gives me another number. (#4)
Another number I have taken pains to copy down correctly, and it is also the number I have on another document from my health insurance company.
Unfortunately, this number (#4) is out of service...
So now...
Back to number #2....
"We are experiencing a high call volume at this time. Please try your call again later."
Okay.
Either I will get lucky and the forms will come in the mail, or I will pick a DPSS office, go there in person, and get them or get told which office to go to...

No comments: