Friday, October 03, 2014

treesyq

Anything can be a mnemonic device...one time I was trying to figure out how to remember melaleuca linariifolia vs. melaleuca quinquenervia and the q one just made me think of a person, so I was like, oh why not...later I was in a group of people getting acquainted with these plants. The latter has a hard yet spongy trunk that peels off in swathes of bark-paper...a person in the group said "it's like touching Rocky Balboa!" And then we were asked if we were ready to move on and some of the group chorused "Noooo!" They liked this tree...(Later I had a dream that I was in a dance class for a little girl...a fine dancer was going to teach it and I had asked an adult male director to be in it. But he had to wear the dance class uniform. I asked what he was wearing. It was a big t-shirt and tights. I started to sort of snicker and then he was going to leave but I said "no! please stay!" And what do you know, he did. So there we were waiting for the dance teacher to teach us and this little girl a dance class, but I was afraid they were getting bored. Adult male person started saying some gibberish that sort of made sense. I asked him what it was and he said it was the language of Max. Max referred to a grandfather figure. I said, "Wow, here I am with a genius who makes up languages," and went to the bathroom. While I was in there, a female secretary called in to me. She said the dance class was being ruined by a priest who kept interrupting it all the time to say mass. I went out of the bathroom. The director was gone and the little girl was standing with her mother. I asked, had she enjoyed the dance class. She said no, she had not enjoyed it. Alas, a softly disappointing ending...)




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melaleuca_quinquenervia

No comments: