Thursday, January 09, 2014

dreamy song mode commute

http://favim.com/image/99128/
The ambient music on my morning commute almost seemed as if it could have been pulled from my state of mind after a very specific dream. It is probably not a coincidence that this happened after I read about animal cruelty in the Daisy Coleman / Paige Parkhurst story. I don't usually dream about rabbits.

Hare in Snow by Louis Ferdinand von Rayski

In the dream, I was trying to close a sliding glass door when a small bunny determinedly hopped into my home. I was surprised, then became like a child who wanted to take care of a precious pet. I articulated this wish to others, but a snowstorm came, and the bunny went missing. I thought I saw a larger rabbit outside in the blizzard and wondered if the bunny needed to go out in the storm to be with its actual mother. In the end it was a mystery because I didn't know if the bunny was to be in my house or outside in the storm. It was a delicate dream, and a healing one, overall. The music on my commute seemed gentler than usual, especially in the morning.

Two songs before I left the car:

Canned Fruit Except ~ Letters
Lux 1 ~ Brian Eno

First two songs in the afternoon:

Year Off ~ High Places 
Los Angeles ~ Emily Wells

I didn't think about the dream in the middle of the day. My brain was more involved with Capitalism: A Love Story. However, in dreamy song mode, my thoughts were like, "I feel as though I'm passing over, even though I'm walking around in a life on earth." But I ended the commute by going shopping and then did some very practical housecleaning.

http://un-conventionalmom.blogspot.com/2011/02/il-venerdi-del-libro-runaway-bunny.html

No comments: