Wednesday, May 01, 2013

This is a thing?

from Betty Crocker

I think the funness of Gender Reveal Parties would really depend on a number of factors...

I dunno...I do kind of want to eat the cake...

~~~~

Eeesh.

"...cakes and babies have a terrible history in literature, as readers of Raymond Carver's "A Small, Good Thing" and Gordon Lish's mastercut "Bath" well know. In both versions, EVEN THE "CUT" ONE, a cake is prepared for a child, who then immediately dies, driving a baker around the bend. Don't even get me started on Little Jack Horner...

...there is way too much food in fetal analogs as it is. You know what your baby looks like at 15 weeks? A navel orange. Not a Spaldeen. A navel orange. Sometimes I like to eat a navel orange. You know what I don't like to eat? Babies. But it doesn't matter, because my baby was made with "baby batter," I "cooked" my baby, and now I'm silencing it with some "baby bubbly." I hope my baby tastes great braised in butter, with a little shallot."

"...a stream of urine into the air if it's a boy; a devastatingly cruel giggle if it's a girl? Why not..."

From Let Them Eat Baby! The Terrifying New Practice...


No comments: