Thursday, April 04, 2013

What a weird dream

In this dream, I was at a conference or something? A woman told me that at some point in the past, she had crept up the stairs and opened my bedroom door while I was sleeping. She admitted that she had tricked me into thinking I was dreaming her up when I was really awake and seeing her sneak into my bedroom.

I was like, what?

Then the scene unfolded. It was like watching a play from the outside. She ascended the staircase and opened my bedroom door (in the dream, not that this resembled any house I've actually lived in.)

A voice that was supposed to be mine floated out.

"What are you doing here?" the voice said to her.

To fool the voice, she acted confused and asked a question about an imaginary land. (Like "Where is Arcadia/Where is Narnia?" something like that.)

Then the voice spoke to her. "I'm sorry. I don't know what press we're using."

She had fooled "me" (the voice) into thinking it was all a dream. She left and closed my bedroom door.

Then I (the onlooker) went to the refrigerator. I opened it. This woman's head was in the refrigerator, talking to me on a plate.

She said, "I am a man."

"No you're not, you're a woman."

She shook her head. A man.

I woke up, suitably creeped out.

I am admitting that this article about an "all-male Clarke prize shortlist" kind of reminded me of that dream...

(It also made me think: "Look on the bright side...females are great at making babies and sewing brassieres in garment factories around the world...")

No comments: