Monday, December 31, 2012

The Cloud of Unknowing

So one time my friend who I live with was all like, look at this bio on iTunes, you are kind of like NC. And I was like, well, not really. Then I said, one time I read this interview and part of it annoyed me. Okay, only two parts. The first part just looks all blinky-blink and batting-of-eyelashes-ish. But I realize I'm probably just projecting my own issues onto that (damn, Y R U projecting YR issues on dis poor defenseless interview?) Anyway, this was more like the most irksome part:

"Yeah, like postfeminist theory in art school. Oh, it's oppressive! [Laughs] I don't wanna paint with my menstrual blood! I just wanna learn how to use this printing press, man! Come on!"

https://www.believermag.com/issues/201202/?read=interview_alexie_case

Oh, YOU know, that rite-of-passage...running away from ladies who try to make you paint with your menstrual blood. Hey, why didn't I get to experience that rite-of-passage? All I got to run away from was military people and rape stories! This is probably why I really would like to become better at meditating and going on vision quests, so I can work on these issues of mine.

No comments: