Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Heart shaped balloons

I typed in that phrase and I found some pictures.
Here, here, here, here, here...

Sometimes, lately, I've got All Night by Sam Phillips in my head.

Quite a bit of news regarding health issues of others has come to my attention lately. Some of it is pretty daunting. I have to evolve because of stuff like this. I know. People do evolve, according to the circumstances they find themselves in.

Today's magical fantastical moment: I was in the right place at the right time and discovered a heart-shaped balloon floating over some treetops in the early evening. It almost was like a mirage or person parachuting. Then it came down to rest in the treetops and reality returned. It made me think about a time in upstate N.Y. when a kid in my friend's class set off helium balloons on his birthday. A few weeks later, he got a letter from a little girl his age in England, saying that "mummy" had found it under a tree. The local newspaper wrote a story about it. And oh yes, also (I found it online) the first poem from this book: Palladium.

No comments: