Saturday, January 12, 2008

Elderberry wine

is incredibly good. After work last night I met up with some friends, including a few identical twins (there are four girls in the family--2 sets of identical twins--how often does that happen?) One arrived with a voice hoarse from attending a protest in DC. Her sister's husband supplied wine made from berries picked on the W & OD Trail. Four of us sipped it and watched Legend: The Director's Cut in a small apartment. We all fell asleep shortly after "the quintessential elderberry wine scene." After I woke up and accidentally got myself lost (which was sort of fun--only in the wee hours of the morning can Northern VA even look like it has "backroads") I listened to some poets reading on "apostrophe cast" until I noticed the sun was coming up and went to bed. Also, I looked at some pictures of these.

No comments: