Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Now this is timing to die for. Brought to you by
VHI.com

"On the third day, I thought, “I’m not good enough to be in the music industry!” and threw my guitar - it wasn’t even my guitar, actually - and it bounced off the radiator. I forgot I was trying to write songs because I was so concerned about nearly having cracked my friend’s guitar. I picked it up and my fingers just landed on it. That was the first chord of “Eskimo.” The song literally fell out. From then on in I never tried to write ever again. Stuff that’s special just pops out. It’s not me; it’s the moment. It’s like vomiting! [Watch Clip]"

After watching it, I almost thought this guy has some similarities to my 1st boyfriend. Not so much in the photos, but in the clip, with regard to gestures, mannerisms and such. Except my 1st boyfriend had a New Zealand accent. Well, what do I know. Maybe there aren't really any similarities. 10 years ago, Utah was the last time I saw him. But, possibly, kinda/sorta. Funny.

Funny, too, to have found an old photograph of my Peruvian boyfriend with soap or shaving cream on his face. He was smiling and surrounded by his little cousins.

Also, found some photographs of gigantic trees. (Kapok trees?) He used to climb up a vine on one which was on a nearby farm, where they also grew lemons the size of grapefruits on a different kind of tree. We (the people who lived/worked at the tourist lodge across the river) were always allowed to take some. We peeled them and ate them with salt.

No comments: