Friday, November 16, 2012

Eating well but not reading enough TAROT

Eating out is not a thing I get to do regularly, but now that we have a roommate with possibly the most benign youtube channel ever - please make this a good sign - I finally got to revisit an old childhood favorite. That was The Old Spaghetti Factory in Seattle, which gave you a free glass with your Italian soda and spumoni. (YUM said my 8-year-old tastebuds.) This one is in an old haunted schoolhouse. As I scrutinized the limited choices on the menu, I realized that maybe my tastes have changed, but anyway, Homer apparently ate their signature dish while composing his epics! (Noodles and Mithra cheese.) It has also come to my attention that silly internet browsing kidnaps free time I could've spent on more useful activities, like reading Tarot cards...Medeya, schmedeya...I was queried as to whether I have asked one of my parents for an opinion about some stuff in the news, and the answer is, no, I did not ask how he felt about his star classmate's media scandal because it seems not quite the thing to do right now (even though, apparently, even cooking show people can't stop talking about it.) Yesterday, I found a squash lasagna recipe on this food blog. I was like, that girl looks a lot like my activist twin friends from DC. I read it while I was also eating kale and squash...coincidence! (Spaghetti squash with pesto, in my case. Squash masquarading as pasta! I think I am into that.) Those coconut muffins are also intriguing...Then I looked at the blog author's twitter....what's that...we share the same birthday? I told the person I live with, who said to me, "Here, I want to show you something." Held out cell phone to show me a picture. "Where'd you get that?" "That's my friend with..." "You have a picture on your phone of him with someone you know? The guy who is the 'lead screamer' in Jodie Foster's Army is also in the actual military?" I really do wonder what I am supposed to do with my life. Could Tarot provide the answer? The only thing that's really clear is that sometimes, life can be pretty weird. I haven't been to NY, VA, DC and other places in a good while. I miss them. I wonder when I can go back. But I am ensconced on the West Coast. Which is fairly amusing in its own way. And a lot more tolerable now that the weather is no longer in the triple digits. I think tonight I'll drink cheap wine and watch the last two episodes of "Black Books." (Wah!) After that, there's always "Community." Other things that have come to my attention:

Ask A Mortician

This show about people who are preparing for solar storms in Arizona and have all these gas masks and stuff in their guest room (it's like they're in a freakin' military camp or something...) but also they have a pool full of fish and a garden in their backyard and eat weird seaweed sludge...auuuugh why can't I find it now?

Pumpkin Curry
RUMOR: "It's good without the cashews"

I still want to see these sometime...

Earthships

No comments: