Monday, September 16, 2024

What if her friends utilized their fertile imaginations...🤣

"Michelle Russell, 70, regularly met her closest friends for 'music and margaritas.' It was their tradition: They would order salt-rimmed cocktails, share a meal, and listen to whichever local musician was playing at their favorite restaurant.

But Russell has been receiving fewer and fewer dinner invitations.

'Over this past year, because my money has gotten so tight, those friends don't call me anymore,' she said. 'They know I don't have the money to go out, and it's embarrassing for me when they pay for my bill.'"

~ Allie Kelly

"Boomer Who Lives on Social Security Struggles Financially"

https://www.businessinsider.com/boomer-lives-on-social-security-struggles-financially-feels-lonely-retirement-2024-9

No comments: