Sunday, September 15, 2024

Just sharing, again.

I had such a fun food experience this evening. I dipped sourdough bread into olive oil with raw garlic, and later I added herbs de provence. And I had the retsina that I like. I know lots of people think retsina is disgusting. But there is one brand that I like to drink chilled, and it has a pine cone on the bottle. Gaia Wines makes it.

It sat in the fridge all summer and I was never in the mood to drink it, and then tonight it was nearing the bottom of the bottle and I finished it off because this was the night to appreciate it!

When you're in the mood to drink that particular type of wine, it's kind of like there's a pine forest in your cup.

You know what else goes weirdly well with that retsina? 

Oily peanut butter! 

Yes, it was a very oily night. 

I had oily bread with garlic and herbs.

And then I had peanut butter and red currant jelly on sourdough. 

And also just plain spoonfuls of the oily peanut butter.

And then I would drink the retsina and it would be like, Oooooh pine forest in a bottle!

These are exciting times to be alive.

Exactly.

Well, it's great to be able to experience all this free love and living...what with all the writing and sharing and eating of sourdough bread and accepting oil as a part of life...it's just what's happening right now, I guess.

No comments: