The only thing I need to do is finish this e-book before it expires in a few hours. I think this is the first book I've read where the protagonist talks to her long lost son as a way of conveying the story to the reader.
"The Antidote by Karen Russell" | Goodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/214537790-the-antidote
I'm thinking about The Wizard of Oz more since I have been reading it! And I got this song in my head again:
Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine - "Back to Oz"
https://youtube.com/watch?v=00f2kSnIxfw&si=LEirX9NVxg5iLjk5
But there was also a part of The Antidote near the end, in a chapter that's told from the point of view of a cat, where there's stuff about turtles, and that makes me want to look up The Grapes of Wrath again.
Perhaps this would be a better time for me to read that one. High school was not.

No comments:
Post a Comment