Wednesday, June 06, 2018

This is old...

an old game.

https://classicreload.com/where-in-the-world-is-carmen-sandiego.html

I remember living on an island and going to people's houses in 5th grade. They were software company people. (It was a small company). They were nice to kids, and I liked being around them. I thought I would do that kind of work when I grew up, but I didn't know it involved more than joking around and eating fish and chips at a conference table. The kids were kids and the adults were adults but they could still laugh at similar kinds of jokes or stories, and also the "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego"game was in there somewhere and both the kids and adults played it or talked about it. (I think I mostly just watched.)  I just started to wonder, what if there were another circle like that where people could meet and pick out a favorite story from their childhood and say why and what effect it had on them? Well, that's slightly more structured than what was...

No comments: